Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
On March 11, 2020, Governor Lujan-Grisham announced 3 cases of COVID-19 were identified in New Mexico, one in Bernalillo County and 2 in Socorro County. All three people had recently traveled to other areas where COVID-19 is prevalent.
For staff email addresses and phone numbers, please visit the about us page here.
NMHCA/NMCAL would like to remind facilities to take the time to update your contact lists for family members. Communication is extremely important during this time.
PPE Ordering Information
Requests for PPE should submit Form ICS 213RR to your local Emergency Manager.
New Mexico Department of Health Downloads
DOH Order Closing Visitation - English Version
Press Release on Visitor Prohibition - English Version
DOH Order Closing Visitation - Spanish Version
Press Release on Visitor Prohibition - Spanish Version
The NM Division of Health Improvement Guidance.
For Assisted Living
In an effort to ensure the safety and well-being of New Mexico’s assisted living residents and families, the Department of Health has deployed its health care survey team to conduct onsite visits of the 269 licensed assisted living facilities statewide.
State survey staff will focus on providing CDC infection control guidance, written visitor protocols, and address staff, family, and resident questions or concerns.
For Skilled Nursing Facilities
Per CMS guidance, DHI has prioritized infection-control issues as “ IJ” priority assignment in nursing homes. They will deploy survey staff within 2 days of a report of issues surrounding infection outbreak or infection control noncompliance. They are continuing all nursing home survey work as outlined in SOM and will meet all survey workload intervals.
They will continue with typical survey work as outlined in SOM and will meet all survey workload intervals.
The AHCA/NCAL webinar presented by officials from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on March 3 was recorded. You can access the recording here.
The CDC Webinar regarding COVID-19 presented on March 5 was recorded. You can access the recording and slides here.
The Behavioral Health Division (BHSD) is collaborating with certified Treat First behavioral health providers to help address resident needs. For more information on this program, please download the announcement here.
ALTSD's Create and Connect campaign has a big push is to get people to write letters to long-term care residents. Click here for more information.
NMHCA/NMCAL Update Calls
All calls prior to July 1 can be found on the Archive Page
CDC LTC mini webinars
They are all published on the Key Strategies to Prepare for COVID-19 in Long-term Care Facilities (LTCFs) web page at the bottom under a “Webinar Series” section. These new webinars will be a great training tool/resource for frontline long-term care staff members. Also listed are three “Additional Resources” to this page.
Here are the direct links to each webinar:
Cloth Mask Guidance
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone practice effective handwashing and to stay at home if you have any symptoms of illness. Click here for CDC resources for preventing the spread of COVID-19 in the general public.
The CDC is providing information and resources specific to Preventing the Spread of COVID-19 in LTC Facilities.
The CDC has provided guidance on implementing home care. Click here to access this guidance.
The CDC is providing information on Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of N95 Respirators.
Facts about COVID-19 provided by the CDC can be found here.
New Mexico Department of Health Information
- If you did not receive the link to the mandatory reporting portal or had problems resetting your password as instructed, please email DOH-LTCReport@state.nm.us
- Requests for PPE should go to your local Emergency Manager-submit Form ICS 213RR .
- Download Emergency Manager List
- Report possible COVID-19 --call 505- 837-0006. An epidemiologist will work with you to get the specimen collected. That will be sent for testing, and you will be notified as soon as the results come back. There is no cost for the test through the state scientific lab.
- You also need to report any cases to the NM Division of Health Improvement at (800) 752-8649, or by fax at (888) 576-0012, or by email, email@example.com. You may also complete online at http://dhi.health.state.nm.us.
- Download PPE Guidance and Contact information here.
AHCA Notice on 3 - Day Waiver
COVID-19 Email Updates
- NMHCA/NMCAL Update 46
- July 9, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Update 47
- July 10, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Update 48
- July 16, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Update 49
- July 17, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Update 50
- July 20, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Update 51
- July 27, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Update 52
- July 27, 2020, - Special Assisted Living
- Update 53
- July 30, 2020 - Special Assisted Living Update 54 - Reporting Deadline Extention
- July 30, 2020 - Special Assisted Living Update 55 - Portal Link
- August 3, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 56
- August 7, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 57
- August 10, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 58
- August 13, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 59
- August 14, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 60
- August 18, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 61
- August 26, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 62
- August 27, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 63
- August 31, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 64
- September 1, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 65
- September 2, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 66
- September 3, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 67
- September 9, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 68
- September 11, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 69
- September 14, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 70
Legal Considerations for Senior Care and Living Providers in Light of COVID-19
With news that a nursing facility in Kirkland, Washington has multiple confirmed cases of COVID-19, legal compliance is likely at the top of senior care and living providers’ minds. Having a plan in place to mitigate risk and ensuring compliance with rules and regulations is important during situations like this. Click here for guidance covering legal and regulatory considerations during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Many thanks to the professional team at Lane Powell and the Washington Health Care Association for this information.