Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
If your facility is not on the list, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location name
- Main point of contact
- Main point of contact email
- Main point of contact phone number
- Number of staff
- Number of residents
The State of New Mexico has a support line specifically for healthcare workers and first responders. NMHCA/NMCAL encourages facilities to download the flyer here and post it in their facility.
PPE Ordering Information
Requests for PPE should submit Form ICS 213RR to your local Emergency Manager.
New Mexico Department of Health Downloads
DOH Order Closing Visitation - English Version
Press Release on Visitor Prohibition - English Version
DOH Order Closing Visitation - Spanish Version
Press Release on Visitor Prohibition - Spanish Version
The NM Division of Health Improvement Guidance.
For Assisted Living
In an effort to ensure the safety and well-being of New Mexico’s assisted living residents and families, the Department of Health has deployed its health care survey team to conduct onsite visits of the 269 licensed assisted living facilities statewide.
State survey staff will focus on providing CDC infection control guidance, written visitor protocols, and address staff, family, and resident questions or concerns.
For Skilled Nursing Facilities
Per CMS guidance, DHI has prioritized infection-control issues as “ IJ” priority assignment in nursing homes. They will deploy survey staff within 2 days of a report of issues surrounding infection outbreak or infection control noncompliance. They are continuing all nursing home survey work as outlined in SOM and will meet all survey workload intervals.
They will continue with typical survey work as outlined in SOM and will meet all survey workload intervals.
The AHCA/NCAL webinar presented by officials from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on March 3 was recorded. You can access the recording here.
The CDC Webinar regarding COVID-19 presented on March 5 was recorded. You can access the recording and slides here.
The Behavioral Health Division (BHSD) is collaborating with certified Treat First behavioral health providers to help address resident needs. For more information on this program, please download the announcement here.
ALTSD's Create and Connect campaign has a big push is to get people to write letters to long-term care residents. Click here for more information.
NMHCA/NMCAL Update Calls
0Calls published prior to November 1, 2020, are located on the archive page.
CDC LTC mini webinars
They are all published on the Key Strategies to Prepare for COVID-19 in Long-term Care Facilities (LTCFs) web page at the bottom under a “Webinar Series” section. These new webinars will be a great training tool/resource for frontline long-term care staff members. Also listed are three “Additional Resources” to this page.
Here are the direct links to each webinar:
Cloth Mask Guidance
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone practice effective handwashing and to stay at home if you have any symptoms of illness. Click here for CDC resources for preventing the spread of COVID-19 in the general public.
The CDC is providing information and resources specific to Preventing the Spread of COVID-19 in LTC Facilities.
The CDC has provided guidance on implementing home care. Click here to access this guidance.
The CDC is providing information on Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of N95 Respirators.
Facts about COVID-19 provided by the CDC can be found here.
New Mexico Department of Health Information
- Nursing Facility Survey
Please complete this short 2 question survey ASAP https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NHbedcapacity regarding your facility’s bed count.
- If you did not receive the link to the mandatory reporting portal or had problems resetting your password as instructed, please email DOH-LTCReport@state.nm.us
- Requests for PPE should go to your local Emergency Manager-submit Form ICS 213RR .
- Download Emergency Manager List
- Report possible COVID-19 --call 505- 837-0006. An epidemiologist will work with you to get the specimen collected. That will be sent for testing, and you will be notified as soon as the results come back. There is no cost for the test through the state scientific lab.
- You also need to report any cases to the NM Division of Health Improvement at (800) 752-8649, or by fax at (888) 576-0012, or by email, email@example.com. You may also complete online at http://dhi.health.state.nm.us.
- Download PPE Guidance and Contact information here.
AHCA Notice on 3 - Day Waiver
COVID-19 Email Updates
Bulletins published prior to November 1, 2020, are located on the archive page.
- November 3, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 91
- November 5, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 92
- November 5, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 92
- November 9, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 93
- November 11, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 94
- November 12, 2020, MHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 95
- November 17, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 96
- November 18, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 97
- November 19, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 98
- November 20, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid19 Update 99
- November 24, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 100
- November 30, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 101
- December 2, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 102
- December 3, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 103
- December 3, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 104
- December 4, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 105
- December 7, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 106
- December 8, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 107
- December 8, 2020, Second NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 108
- December 9, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 109
- December 9, 2020, Second NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 110
- December 14, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 111
- December 14, 2020, Second NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 112
- December 15, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 113
- December 16, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 114
- December 17, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 115
- December 18, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 116
- December 21, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 117
- December 23, 2020, NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 118
- December 23, 2020, Second NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 119
- December 23, 2020, Third NMHCA/NMCAL Covid 19 Update 120
Legal Considerations for Senior Care and Living Providers in Light of COVID-19
With news that a nursing facility in Kirkland, Washington has multiple confirmed cases of COVID-19, legal compliance is likely at the top of senior care and living providers’ minds. Having a plan in place to mitigate risk and ensuring compliance with rules and regulations is important during situations like this. Click here for guidance covering legal and regulatory considerations during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Many thanks to the professional team at Lane Powell and the Washington Health Care Association for this information.